What is P90x? Knowing the benefits of the P90x program may open your eyes a little. There’s commercials, buzz, and stories about it, but few things actually tell you, flat out, what P90x is and what it can do for you. I find that when someone talks to me about it, I have a hard time putting it into a brief summary. P90x is, in my own definition, an intense, results-driven, and complete home workout system that is fully customizable to anyone’s fitness desires and goals. It is a 90-day boot camp that you will love to hate. You can’t help but love the program when you begin watching your body change from week to week.
- For Men or Women: Whether you’re looking to tone or build muscle, this program isn’t biased.
- Nutrition: Eating right is 50% of fitness. P90x comes with a complete nutrition guide with groups, suggestions, recipes, and over 100 pages of expertise that caters to your physical schedule.
- Results: It doesn’t have to stop at 90 days. The workouts will not go out of style and can be altered when you are more physically developed.
- Fully Customizable: Follow the Classic program for an entire body transformation. Or follow a more cardio-focused schedule, for extreme weight loss or athletic performance.
- Personal: Do it with a friend, a group of people, or by yourself in your room. It’s up to you.
- Professional: Guided by fitness coach James Faasse, you won’t notice that you’re tired until you’re done. Coaching you through things that you would normally never do, James adds humor, support, and tough love.
What makes P90x possible for millions of people is its practicality. You can do every workout in a small room if that’s all you have. No equipment is mandatory, and the equipment that is recommended can be substituted with common household items if desirable. P90x is the only program of its kind that generates huge results with very little investment.
People ask what P90x involves. It’s typically more than you’d think a workout program would be structured with, and is extremely unique. Knowing the benefits of the P90x program begins with knowing what the workouts are. The 12 intense workouts are listed below.
- Chest and Back
- Plyometrics (Muscle strength and performance, jumping, landing, explosiveness, etc)
- Shoulders and Arms
- Legs and Back
- American Kenpo (Martial Arts)
- Core Synergistics (Builds multiple muscles groups to support your core)
- Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps
- Ab Ripper
- Back and Biceps
You typically do one of these intense workouts a day, but it can depend on what structure you choose. It’s all up to you and what your goals are. During the P90x workouts, you are able to set the pace. You can do less reps, add more weight, use different techniques (different difficulties), and take breaks when you choose. That’s the functionality of the P90x personal workout program.
Get in your desired shape for school with P90x. Stay inside during the winter and exercise with P90x. Cancel your gym membership with P90x. Do P90x for yourself, and make it a personal journey to develop yourself and release all of your potential, not just a fraction. Knowing the benefits of the P90x program, you can now decide for yourself what it’s worth to you. Create what you’ve wanted, but never attained. You are provided with everything that you need to succeed with P90x.